SmartMeters are really StupidMeters. Why? Because they massively overcharge you, broadcast your personal info and detailed energy use habits, emit electromagnetic radiation that can cause cancer, damage your DNA, and harm wildlife, catch fire, and disable your shock prevention devices. Need any more reasons? Go to the EMF Safety Network.
Now, what can YOU do to stop them? So glad you asked!
1. Call Nav, 916-386-5204, PG&Eʼs smart meter representative, and tell her that you don’t want a smart meter installed. If you already have one, demand that it be removed. They have been telling people that they have no choice, but don’t let them bully you into believing this. Demand that she put you on the list of people who will not get smart meters on the first time around. Alternately, call 1-866-743-0263 toll free.
2. Download a “DO NOT INSTALL SMART METER HERE!” sign
and post it on both your electric and your gas meter – otherwise youʼll get one soon! Find other useful resources at The Utility Reform Network (TURN)
3. Write the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), 505
Van Ness Ave. San Francisco, CA 94102, or call them at 866-
849-8390. Tell them that you oppose the installation of smart
meters on your home or business, and insist that they enforce the
4. Warn your neighbors that smart meters are coming and pass out leaflets and “Do Not Install” posters. If Wellington Energy comes around to install, ask them to leave and if they don’t comply call the police and report a trespasser.
5. Come to the Mass Protest at the CPUC Van Ness and McAllister in SF Thursday August 12th 1pm and tell PG&E’s CEO Peter Darbee what to do with his ‘smart’ meters. Invite your friends!
6. Pass a resolution through your local government calling for a
permanent moratorium on the installation of smart meters. Join
other localities in out-smarting “smart” meters – Marin, Sonoma,
San Francisco, and Santa Cruz Counties, Sebastopol, Fairfax,
Bolinas, Bakersfield, Scotts Valley, Capitola, Sausalito etc., by establishing “smart meter” free zones!
Contact us at joshuanoahhart[at]gmail[dot]com if you want to volunteer or get more involved. Stop the onslaught- get involved today!